Exciting opportunities at the Huntsville Museum of Art to educate our precious young about the merger of art and the genius of Linnaeus

From: Christopher Madkour
Date: Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 12:08 PM
Subject: RE: Thank you. Botanicals
To: graham arader


Good morning Graham,
I was delighted you were able to attend the Audubon Preview Party.  I know summer visit to  Alabama is not that appealing but your presence made it special.  Our Trustees, members and guest, thought the show was stunning and was very represented  in the museum.  I know Kathy and Michael were equally pleased.  Thank you for your sponsorship as well.

To answer your question regarding a show of botanical from  masters of the last 450 years, I feel this would be an appealing proposition.  Our exhibition calendar is booked till Spring 2019, but if you think the works would be available at that time, maybe a March-May 2019 would work?  We could host a number of interesting programs around an exhibition of this nature.  Thank you for considering the Museum as a venue for such an exhibition.
In the meantime, be well and “spread the word” about our fine museum!!!
Warmest regards,
Christopher

Christopher J. Madkour
Executive Director
Huntsville Museum of Art
300 Church St. SW
Huntsville, Alabama, 35801




From: graham arader
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:18 AM
To: Christopher Madkour
Subject:

Hi Chris

Wow.  Was I ever WRONG!  What a turn out and what a fine display of my friend's masterpiece Audubons.  

Congratulations.  And thank you for creating such a fine environment for your members to see a world class collection. 

Needless to say it would be great for me to know about any stories that are published about this night by your museum or the local press. 

Please also let me know if Iberia Bank would like to have an event focusing on this show for their clients.  I would be happy to arrange for one of my experts including me to come down and speak.

Also would love to get a video of the show to show to my mailing list.

And lastly I would be interested in a botanical show of the masters of the last 450 years.  I saw some incredible gardens on this trip and feel that a show of man's better work on illustration of this genre might be a big hit in your town.

Then I would be interested in working on a traveling show with you to raise money for your fine museum.

I am copying Kathy and Mike on this email to keep them informed.

Best,
Graham

Comments